Splitkb.com offers a select range of switches, but perhaps your favorite switch isn't among them. Still, you can have your favorite switches installed!
Ordering custom switches
To order custom switches, choose no switch on the Kyria Custom Build page. If you've selected a switch already, click on the checkmark in the top left corner to deselect the switch option.
Then, you can fill out your choice of switch in the textbox below:
If you'd like to send your own switches to me, please make a note of that in the text box and follow the instructions below.
Having me source your switches
With so many switch variants available, it's impossible for me to stock them all. If you'd like me to install custom switches which you do not own yet, you can save on shipping costs and import fees by having me buy the switches for you.
You can check the selection of KBDfans (CN), Novelkeys (US) and Optic Boards (UK). Mykeyboard.eu (EU) and Candykeys.com (EU) also have a varying range of switches available. I usually source switches from these locations.
If you want to make sure that I'll be able to source your choice of switches, please don't hesistate to send me a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll be able to verify your choice that way.
I try to source my switch from the vendor that offers the cheapest combination of switch cost and shipping. If possible, I batch orders to get lower rates. Still, generally the following rates apply:
- Shipping: It costs around €15 to ship the switches from the vendor to me;
- Import fees: It costs around €15 to get a package with a value above €22 through customs. These fees only apply for orders I place at vendors outside of Europe. If you order from Europe, any taxes charged will also apply to your order (these will be 21% of the declared value).
These additional costs will be invoiced separately along with the cost of the switches.
Sending your own switches
Maybe you already have switches and would like for me to use those, instead of buying new switches for you. Good news: you can!
Please take care of the following:
- Amount: Please send enough switches. The Kyria takes up to fifty switches. I've had switches be defective in the past, so please make sure to send a few extra. Sending at least 53 switches is recommended. Any extra switches will be sent back to you once the keyboard is finished.
- Packaging: Please pack your switches carefully. I recommend putting the switches into a ziploc bag first and then into a bubble mailer. When inspected by customs, or when damaged, the ziploc should prevent switches from easily falling out.
- Order number: Please put a piece of paper with the order number and switch name in the ziploc bag with the switches. This takes the guesswork out of which switch belongs to which custom build.
- Item cost: If the item cost is above €22, I might have to pay import fees (often around €15) upon receiving your shipment. Please make sure to declare the value properly to prevent delays. If you order from Europe, any taxes charged will also apply to your order (these will be 21% of the declared value).
When shipping your switches to me, consider shipping them tracked. I cannot take responsibility for the shipment of your switches to me. I can also not replace custom switches lost in transit on their way back to you. Shipment of assembled keyboards back to you will always be properly packed, tracked and insured.
When you send your own switches to me, the import fees may still apply depending on the declared value of shipped package. Sometimes, customs may determine the value to be different than the declared value. Costs incurred for import for custom switches will be invoiced to you before shipping the custom keyboard.
When you've packed your switches, please send them to:
Please then send the tracking number to email@example.com along with your order number.
The lead time of your order will depend on both my own capacity and the delivery of your switches. Generally, shipping takes between two and three weeks.