If you're reading this, you're either looking to place an order at splitkb.com, or you've received an email from me about your order. In either case, you can read about your (potential) order here, and how to avoid shipping delays.
How can I tell my region is affected?
Thankfully, I can ship to many countries unhindered. You can see whether shipping to your country is affected here: Check the DHL status by country.
After checking your status, you'll see that your country will have a coloured circle next to it:
- A green circle 🟢 means that shipping to your area is unaffected. While this can change depending on how COVID develops in your area, for the time being there will be no action required. That's good!
- An orange circle 🟠 means that shipping to your area is limited. Sometimes, this means that shipments will be delayed, other times this means that I can only ship to you by means of DHL Express.
- A red circle 🔴 means that shipping to your area is not possible with any DHL service.
I placed an order and my area is affected. What now?
If your area is affected, then that is unfortunate for sure. There are various options available to you.
- If I can still ship to you by DHL Express, you can choose to upgrade your shipping. This means that you'll get your items much faster. However, an upgrade will cost additional money, since the Express service costs more than shipping by GlobalMail.
- If I can still ship to you by DHL GlobalMail, you'll only experience a delay. If you'd rather have your order faster, you can still choose to upgrade your shipping to DHL Express.
- If I cannot ship your items to you at the moment, then you can either choose to have me hold your order until I am once again able to ship to you, or you can choose to cancel your order altogether.
If you'd like to make a change to your order, then that is certainly possible. Please send me an email to email@example.com and I'll help you get it sorted.
If you're reading this article because I sent you an email, I'd like for you to let me know your preference. Please let me know what you'd prefer when convenient.
Thank you very much for placing an order at us, and my apologies for the inconvenience. These are strange times for sure, and I hope, above all, that you're staying safe. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to the support address above. Thank you!
Why is there a difference between Express and GlobalMail?
Both services are operated by DHL, so what's the difference? DHL GlobalMail makes use of domestic carriers worldwide, so they'll route packages through your local carrier such as USPS and RoyalMail. DHL Express, on the other hand, has their own carrier network worldwide, with their own airplanes and couriers. This means that GlobalMail is affected by each local shipping carrier, while Express will only be affected by countrywide restrictions. This is the reason why I can still ship to some countries by means of DHL Express, while GlobalMail will be temporarily unavailable.