Nothing is perfect from the start, so we're constantly working on improving the design of our keyboards. Here you can find what changed from version to version for the Kyria PCB Kit.
- Slightly changed the microcontroller footprint to be more difficult to solder in a wrong orientation.
- Added support for the Tenting Puck, an accessory by splitkb.com that allows you to tent and tilt your keyboard using any camera tripod.
- Greatly reduced the size of the SMD diode pads to prevent the diodes from floating when assembling the diodes using hot air.
- Removed rotation from the thumb cluster underglow LEDs to reduce the need to turn your hands during assembly.
- Exposed copper on four pins on the middle thumb cluster 2u switches, since this was missing by accident. This did not impact functionality.
- Rotated the RGB underglow LEDs to all face the same direction for easier assembly.
- Made the SMD diode pads larger to allow for easier assembly.
- Changed the SMD diode symbol in the center to a simpler shape for better readability.
- Changed the SMD diode symbol for better readability.
- Base version.